Application - Max Planck School Matter to Life
Applicants with a Master of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science, Molecular Systems Engineering, Physics, Molecular Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or a related subject are welcome to apply for a 3-year PhD position in the Max Planck School Matter to Life.
- Early Admission Application Deadline: December 1, 2018 (Decision made by February 2019)
- Regular Admission Application Deadline: March 31, 2019 (Decision made by May 2019)
- Program Start: Flexible start date in 2019
Early Admission: Apply now via the Application Portal!
Applicants with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science, Molecular Systems Engineering, Physics, Molecular Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or a related subject are welcome to apply for the 5-year direct track Master/PhD program in the Max Planck School Matter to Life.
- Application Portal Opens: February 1, 2019*
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019*
- Program Start Date: September 1, 2019*
- Certificates of all relevant degrees or proof of current enrollment (B.S., M.S., etc.)
- Official transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 3 pages
- Letter of motivation, 3-4 pages
- 2 Letters of recommendation (submitted by your referees)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, PTEA or C1 Advanced test scores in the case of non-native English-speaking applicants#
- GRE General Test#
Please see the FAQs page for more detailed information about the application process.
#Note: Both the GRE and English language tests can be taken and submitted after the application deadline.
The Max Planck Schools wish to increase the participation of women wherever they are underrepresented; therefore, applications from women are particularly welcome. Following its commitment to an equal opportunities employment policy, the Max Planck Schools also especially encourage persons with a disability to submit their applications.