Each Max Planck School is steered by outstanding scientists as Speakers and supported by a head office that is responsible for program implementation and administration of the respective School.
Issues concerning all Max Planck Schools are discussed by the general committees. A Steering Committee headed by the President of the Max Planck Society and the President of the German Rectors' Conference supports the Schools’ strategy development. The Committee consists of three representatives each from the participating universities, the Max Planck Society and the non-university research organizations Fraunhofer Society, Helmholtz Association and Leibniz Association.
The following experts currently support the Max Planck Schools as members of the Steering Committee:
- Peter-André Alt, German Rectors' Conference (Chair)
- Martin Stratmann, Max Planck Society (Chair)
- Dieter W. Fellner, Fraunhofer Society
- Wolfgang Marquardt, Helmholtz Association
- Jürgen Renn, Max Planck Society
- Jan-Michael Rost, Max Planck Society
- Ulrich Rüdiger, RWTH Aachen
- Beate Schücking, University of Leipzig
- Ferdi Schüth, Max Planck Society
- Friedrich W. Hesse, Leibniz Association
- Kerstin Krieglstein, University of Freiburg, HRK
- Urlich Schüller, Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Walter Rosenthal, University of Jena
The Task Force, consisting of two Deans,the Speakers of the Max Planck Schools, and the coordination teams complements the work of the Steering Committee. The Task Force serves as a forum to discuss operational questions and to exchange general information between the Schools. The Task Force is headed by one representative of the Max Planck Society and by one representative of the universities, the Deans of the Max Planck Schools. Currently, Walter Rosenthal, President of the University of Jena, and Jan-Michael Rost, Director at the Max-Planck-Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, are appointed as Deans.
Picture on top of page: Representatives of partners of the Max Planck Schools and the Max Planck Society after signing the cooperation agreements in December 2018.