Application - Max Planck School of Cognition
The Max Planck School of Cognition invites applications from exceedingly bright students with strong academic experience in areas related to cognition such as artificial intelligence, (cognitive) neuroscience, genetics, linguistics, mathematics, neurobiology, neurology, philosophy, psychiatry, and psychology.
Your application documents will have to be submitted through our online application portal (link will be available in Autumn 2019). Please prepare the submission of the following documents:
- Certificates or proof of current enrollment (B.S. and / or M.S.) (see FAQs 1.3-1.5)
- Official transcripts with explicit marks, and if available course descriptions detailing the content of the courses you have mastered (see FAQs 3.3-3.4)
- Your school leaving certificate with marks (see FAQ 1.3)
- Copy of your passport / identity card
- Academic curriculum vitae (see FAQ 3.1)
- Personal statement (see FAQ 2.2)
- Graduate record examinations (GRE) general test is highly recommended (see FAQs 1.7-1.10)
- Names of four fellows with whom you would like to conduct your lab rotations during the orientation year (1st year). If you would like, you can also choose (ONE) from our Associated Researchers
- Names of three potential supervisors with whom you would like to work during the doctoral phase (2nd - 4th year)
- Contact of two referees for recommendation (see FAQs 3.5-3.6)
- Non-native English-speaking applicants must provide evidence of their English language proficiency (see FAQs 1.11-1.12)
The Max Planck Schools wish to increase the participation of women wherever they are underrepresented; therefore, applications from women are particularly welcome. Following its commitment to an equal opportunities employment policy, the Max Planck Schools also especially encourage persons with a disability to submit their applications.