Application - Max Planck School of Cognition
The Max Planck School of Cognition invites applications from exceedingly bright students with strong academic experience in areas related to cognition such as artificial intelligence, (cognitive) neuroscience, genetics, linguistics, mathematics, neurobiology, neurology, philosophy, psychiatry, and psychology.
Your application documents need to be submitted through our online application portal. Please prepare the following documents:
- Certificates or proof of current enrollment (B.S. and / or M.S.) (see FAQs 1.3-1.5)
- Official transcripts with explicit marks, and if available course descriptions detailing the content of courses you have completed (see FAQs 3.3-3.4)
- Your school leaving certificate with marks
- Copy of your passport / identity card
- Academic curriculum vitae (see FAQ 3.1)
- Personal statement (see FAQ 2.2)
- Graduate record examinations (GRE) general test is highly recommended (see FAQs 1.7-1.10) but not a prerequisite to apply
- Names of four preferred fellows from the Max Planck School of Cognition for your lab rotations during the orientation year (1st year). You might also choose (ONE) faculty from our Associated Researchers
- Names of three potential supervisors from the Max Planck School of Cognition for your doctoral phase (2nd - 4th years)
- Contact of two referees for recommendation (see FAQs 3.5-3.6)
- Non-native English-speaking applicants must provide evidence of their English language proficiency (see FAQs 1.11-1.12)
The Max Planck Schools wishes to increase the participation of women wherever they are underrepresented; therefore, applications from women are particularly welcome. Following its commitment to an equal opportunities employment policy, the Max Planck Schools also especially encourage persons with a disability to submit their applications.